Paul Bahr | DeAnn Bahr
Richard Littauer | Allen “Gunner” Gunn | Eric Berry | Justin Dorfman | Pia Mancini | Eriol Fox | Ben Nichols
Hello and welcome to Sustain! The podcast where we talk about sustaining open source for the long haul. Cue the horns and balloons folks because today’s episode is extremely special. We are celebrating our 100th episode!! Can you believe it? We are so fortunate to have everyone with us, including our editors, as our conversations takes us back to the origins of this podcast and how it all began. We find out a little bit more about each panelist, and thoughts about the future of Sustain and plans going forward. The topic of having more controversy on this podcast is discussed, and thoughts on how each panelist sees the impact this podcast has made on open source sustainability and whether or not we can measure it. Go ahead and download this episode now to hear more and thank you for celebrating this momentous event with us!
[00:00:58] We start by getting to know the background of each panelist, where they work, and what they do.
[00:08:25] Since Richard always states in the beginning of every episode, “Where are we going,” Paul asks where Sustain is going as an organization and if they have any future plans.
[00:13:49] Eriol shares some thoughts with us about the future of Sustain Open Source Design.
[00:16:12] Richard brings up wishing there was more controversy on the Sustain podcast and the panelists share more.
[00:21:07] Pia talks about some things going back to the origins of this podcast.
[00:23:40] We hear from everyone on how they see the impact that this podcast has made on open source sustainability, and if they think we can measure open source sustainability.
[00:15:24] “I really do think that the time for design as a topic within open source has never been more rich, involved, and interesting because of the amount of designers understanding what open source is in all of its different flavors and varieties. And, wanting to participate in new ways or old ways or different ways and doing a lot of really interesting stuff lately. So, I really do think it’s really a special time for designers in open source from what I can tell.”
- [00:32:37] Gunner’s spotlight is OpenNews.
- [00:33:02] Paul’s spotlight is Descript.
- [00:33:42] Eric’s spotlight is Firefox.
- [00:34:04] Justin’s spotlight is Gregor Martynus.
- [00:34:20] Ben’s spotlight is The National Museum of Computing.
- [00:35:07] Pia’s spotlight is SMAT (Social Media Analysis Toolkit).
- [00:35:38] Richard’s spotlight is “Bird Facts with Richard Littauer.”
- SustainOSS Twitter
- SustainOSS Discourse
- Ford Foundation
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Committing To Cloud Native Podcast
- Sustain our Docs (Pilot Episode)
- Sustain Open Source Design Podcast
- Open Collective
- Gregor Martynus GitHub
- Light Years Ahead | The 1969 Apollo Guidance Computer-YouTube
- Social Media Analysis Toolkit (SMAT)
- All About Birds-Cooper’s Hawk
- Produced by (Richard Littauer)
- Edited by Paul M. Bahr at (Peachtree Sound)
- Show notes by DeAnn Bahr (Peachtree Sound)