Ana Jiménez Santamaría
Richard Littauer | Justin Dorfman
Hello and welcome to Sustain! The podcast where we talk about sustaining open source for the long haul. Today, we have joining us as our guest, Ana Jiménez Santamaría, who’s the TODO Group OSPO Program Manager. Our conversations bring us to finding out how Ana got into open source, the history of the TODO Group, and she goes in depth about the OSPO Mind Map Project she’s working on and how you can contribute to it. Ana talks about some OSPO workshops coming up, she shares a vision for how OSPOs interact with the open source community, and what she’s doing with the OSPOlogy series. Go ahead and download this episode now to find out more!
[00:02:04] Ana unfolds how she got into open source.
[00:04:31] We learn the history of the TODO Group and the context within the greater Linux Foundation ecosystem.
[00:08:43] Ana details the OSPO Mind Map Project.
[00:12:35] How does Ana deal with the needs of an OSPO?
[00:15:37] Find out how you can contribute to the Mind Map.
[00:18:18] There’s some OSPOs workshops coming up encouraging people to collaborate more, and Ana tells us more about them.
[00:21:35] Ana explains adopting open source faster in the organizations in a healthier way.
[00:24:48] We hear some ideas from Ana on how to engage with communities in a way that honors the original intent of the people who are working on those projects.
[00:26:23] Justin asks Ana if Duane O’Brien from Indeed was involved in the talks with Spotify.
[00:27:03] Ana shares a near future vision for how OSPOs interact with the open source community.
[00:28:14] Richard asks if Ana has any thoughts on the long game for how we invest sustainably in our digital commons which involves open source.
[00:30:23] We learn what Ana’s doing at OSPOlogy and TODO to help the third world.
[00:33:58] Find out where you can follow Ana on the internet.
[00:13:20] “Until compliance is covered, the organization cannot move forward.”
[00:22:51] “What OSPOs are for is to put a strategy and alignment on top of all the open source efforts and to start building a healthy open source culture within the organizations to take real actions and start contributing back to the community.”
[00:27:25] “If you don’t have a strategy on top of the open source efforts, if you’re just doing open source ad hoc, the organizations might be harming the open source ecosystem.”
- [00:34:34] Justin’s spotlights are TypeScript ESLint and Learning TypeScript by Josh Goldberg.
- [00:35:03] Richard’s spotlight is Ruy Adorno, an awesome developer.
- [00:35:26] Ana’s spotlight is GrimoireLab from CHAOSS Project, and the tool Perceval.
- SustainOSS Twitter
- SustainOSS Discourse
- Richard Littauer Twitter
- Justin Dorfman Twitter
- Ana Jiménez Santamaría Twitter
- Ana Jiménez Santamaría LinkedIn
- Kimetsu No Yaiba Opening 1-Demon Slayer Gurenge Full Band Cover (YouTube)
- CHAOSScast Podcast
- TODO Group
- TODO Group Associates
- A New Framework for In-Person OSPO Workshops: TODO Group Seeks Collaborators
- OSPO ++
- OSPO Zone
- OSPO Mind Map-TODO Group
- OSPOlogy: The Study of OSPOs (TODO Group)
- TODO (OSPO) Group-GitHub
- OSPO Mind Map Project-GitHub
- Sustain Podcast-Episode 104: Duane O’Brien and Mandy Grover on Investing in Open Source: The FOSS Contributor Fund
- TypeScript ESLint
- Ruy Adorno Twitter
- Produced by Richard Littauer
- Edited by Paul M. Bahr at Peachtree Sound
- Show notes by DeAnn Bahr Peachtree Sound